Recent blog posts
- Green Day 2013 a success!
- Green Day 2013 - Full House!
- 21 Stalls Booked for Chester Green Day 2013
- Transition Chester featured on the So Cheshire web site
- Transition Chester feature in The Standard
- Anni's Veggies
- Press Release - Incredible Edible Chester - Fruit bushes in Alexandra Park
- Screening of Chasing Ice
- Simon and Diana's Home in Hoole is now offcially a "Superhome"
- Arnold Wilkes SuperHome in Louise Street
This event took place on Saturday June 1st at Chester Town Hall
24 stalls at this free event attracted over 550 visitors to this year's Green Day which showcased a wide range of organisations involved with sustainability in the Chester area.
You can book our hand operated apple press to provide an interesting addition to your community event in the Autumn to make delicious freshly pressed apple juice - whether a school fair, allotment open day, or a neighbourly apple day. You could even turn the juice into cider.
!If you are thinking of organising an event this autumn to make use of the glut of apples we are likely to get this year, book your 'slot' now - available days at weekends during September and October fill up quickly, although the press is likely to be available without problems on weekdays.
Check availability of the Transition Chester Apple Press -
Book the Apple Press (£10 per day) via our contact form.
- Support Transition Chester by ordering Fairtrade goods from Suma - Contact our Suma co-ordinator
Recent Activity in Featured Groups
Don't throw it away, give it away!
You might not want it, but someone just round the corner might.
Chester Freegle is here to help you give and get stuff for free - anything which could be reused. All items must be legal and appropriate, and free. No loans, swaps or sales please - just free gifts.
Visit the Chester Freegle Web Site for more information!
Transition Towns Twitter Feed
- transitiontowns: The Transition Initiatives Daily is out! http://t.co/WyWz7l2gpA ▸ Top stories today via @EcoBasingstoke @TraffordEco @TINIreland
- transitiontowns: RT @350: Frackers spend millions to silence people poisoned by drilling: http://t.co/YYJ5SuYmPO [Ed]
- transitiontowns: Save the date - @RobinTransition launches his new book #DoingStuff on 15th June. RT to support! http://t.co/hJB1VEtHYh
- transitiontowns: .@billmckibben 'There's no one on earth who's just done more stuff--and inspired more doing--than @RobinTransition.' #DoingStuff
- transitiontowns: RT @transitionlouth: Grass-free lawns, Avondale Park, Lionel Smith and Louth's River of Flowers http://t.co/8R2y70VxLZ [Ed]